NYC Climate Week Event: Scaling Up Climate-Smart Agriculture
On 21 September, the Global Alliance for Climate-Smart Agriculture (GACSA), the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA), the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) and the International Research Institute for Climate and Society are hosting a side event during the Climate Week NYC to share information for sound implementation and scaling up of climate-smart agriculture (CSA).
Climate change poses critical challenges to efforts to attain global food security. Its impacts on agriculture and food security across the globe have been documented. CSA has been identified as an approach to provide solutions to the climate challenge. There have been some successful cases of implementation of CSA, as well as efforts to achieve widespread scaling. Successful CSA should be knowledge-driven and require innovative efforts to build partnership across a broad range of actors.
The following specific topics will be discussed:
- Implementation of CSA – successful cases and lessons learned
- Innovative approaches to scale up the implementation of CSA across the globe
- Innovative financing mechanisms to support CSA
- Business case for the private sector engagement in the scaling up of CSA
- New/emerging opportunities to support field implementation of CSA
- Partnerships required for scaling up CSA
- HE Luis Felipe Arauz Cavallini, Minister of Agriculture and Livestock, Costa Rica (joining remotely)
- Lindiwe Sibanda, CEO, Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Analysis Network, FANRPAN
- Diane Holdorf, Vice-President, Kellogg Company
- Paula Pagniez, Senior Microinsurance Specialist, Vice President, Global Partnerships, Swiss Re Corporation
- James W. Hansen, CCAFS Flagship Leader: Climate Information Services and Climate-Informed Safety Nets
Moderator: Mi Nguyen, co-Chair of the Strategic Committee, Global Alliance for CSA
If you have any questions, contacts the organizers at gro.oafnull@tinU-noitatilicaF-ASCAG.
For more information, visit the official event website.